Oct 4, 2010

Alone

All alone lying in my bed...
As I wait for dreams to descend upon me...
My mind is full of just a single thought...
Why in this world of six billion do I feel so apart...

Apart from my family...
Apart from my friends...
Apart from work...
Apart from myself and apart from life...
My life revolves around doing the same thing everyday...
Not a bit of spice or variety...
Nothing to look forward to...
Nothing to expect...
All I do is run like a sprocket in a clock...

Why is it that I am alone...
Why is it that sleep eludes me...
What makes me write depressing stuff...
Why am I in constant grief...
The happiness from my face has left me...
The twinkle in my eye has vanished...
I live everyday already knowing what's in store tomorrow...
I feel all alone today and have the same notion about 'morrow...
My friends tell me my day will come...
I will not be alone...
My patience and belief are fast thinning out...

They say no one likes a loner...
No one likes a cribber...
No one wants a depressing person around them...
They tell me I should cheer up...
They tell me I should live my life as it comes...
I try my best to put on a face...
Not to crib, not to depress...
I go about my day without a whimper...
I try my best to fight what life throws at me...
I still wait for someone to accompany me...
But when I am alone at night...
I still wait for dreams to descend upon me…